Promising Positivity to Dementia Patients
Did you know that Alzheimer is the most common cause of dementia? It accounts for 70% of the cases. It stems from memory loss and progresses over time. It can also involve difficulties in planning and carrying out everyday tasks, hinder your communication ability and can cause fluctuation in mood or personality traits.
As dementia is 'progressive', the symptoms worsen over time. Dementia patients need full-time care and support. This is exactly why they need nursing home care. If you are looking for a dementia nursing home in Hayward Health, look no further. We, at Ashton House, provide nursing care for dementia patients in a comfortable and homely atmosphere.
Classification of Dementia
Here are different types of dementia based upon certain parameters.
- Progressive Dementia- One that worsens with time.
- Alzheimer's disease
- Lewy body dementia
- Vascular dementia
- Frontotemporal dementia
- Other causes linked to dementia
- Huntington's disease
- Traumatic brain injury
- HIV-associated dementia
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease
- Secondary dementia
Natural Treatment Method at Our Dementia Nursing Home Hayward Health
Our nursing home in Crawley West Sussex provides natural treatments for elderly patients suffering from dementia.
- Modify the environment: We reduce clutter and distracting noise, making it easier for the patient to focus and function. We take care to avoid any frustration and confusion.
- Modify responses: Our qualified team reassures the patients and infuse confidence and positivity in them. Since these patients get irritated with quizzing, we take special care not to hurt their sentiments.
- Modify task: We break the task into 3-4 fragments, so as to make it easier for them to remember the task and complete it successfully. We stand by them through all their struggles.
Nursing Home in Haywards Heath, West Sussex: How We Cheer Up Our Dementia Patients
- Encourage communication: We make sure that we talk to them and encourage interaction between the peer groups. We use short and easy sentences, so that they can easily comprehend and react.
- Motivating to exercise: It improves their health and cardiovascular system. It slows down the progression of impaired thinking, reduces depression and anxiety and enhances motor skills.
- Activities: We arrange activities that help to improve mental abilities. For instance, we tell them national history, conduct quiz shows. We also encourage them to listen to music and melody, watch films. All these help to slowdown their mental decline. We also arrange outstation trips under the supervision of trained medical professional and their peer group to aid recovery.
- Qualified and compassionate staff: Every staff that you meet in our premises are well aware of your condition and are truly compassionate and positive individuals. Their service and talks will have a soothing effect on you.
Apart from these, our dementia nursing home in Hayward Health offers day care with meal facility, hair-dressing, bathing facility, and a range of customized care services, depending upon the stage of dementia and the requirement of the client. Our team is at your service round the clock, assuring complete care and comfort. The environment here will infuse positivity and will offer you an opportunity to socialize and enjoy.